Friday, May 16, 2008

6 years together today

Matt and I had our first date 6 years ago today...sniff, sniff. Back then I was living in a ghetto thug apartment on Amy Ave. Like literally the dudes in the next apt. were making meth. If it wasn't meth it was something close cause the smell in that hallway was rancid and was being covered up by a massive amount of incence. Okay, off subject now...Matt took me on a romantic dinner to TGIF (lol just joking). We had chicken fingers (yeah back then I had a rule that the guy ordered first and I never ordered anything more messy or more expensive than the guy) and we talked about lame stuff like how we burned our carpet with the iron and how Matt couldn't stand lettuce. I know after this it is hard to believe there was a second date, but what can I say I guess Matt was desperate :) ...just joking Matt. You know I love you with all my heart. When we got in the car to leave for our date Matt informed me he had been in the ER all day because at work that morning (he worked and lived in Nashville at the time) his arm went numb while typing and he had been having massive headaches. They did an MRI that came back clear and they came to the conclusion that he had just been drinking way too much caffeine. Yeah I would say 6 or so cups of coffee a day is too much. Well anywho, I was floored and utterly impressed that after all that he still wanted to drive an hour to BG to have a date with me. Made me realize he was really into me cause that would have been a perfect reason to bail. We had a great dinner and ended up sitting in the car till 2 am where I proceeded to tell the poor schmuck my entire life story...and he didn't kick me out of the car and run when I did so. Well 6 years and two kids later we have been through a TON together and it is just as obvious today as it was back then that we are still two people made for each other...even if we are still a little lame sometimes. :)

No comments: