Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Nurse Ella

On the way home Ella was asking to watch Jon & Kate Plus 8, because she wanted to watch the episode where Jon gets his hair transplants. This is nothing new at all. Ella is amazed about the surgery Jon underwent & watches intently everytime she sees it. I do not promote letting kids watch surgery on tv for the fear it might create...But, when we tried to hide it from Ella she only got more and more intrigued until we finally broke and let her see it. I don't think she fully understands what is going on so that helps out with the gross factor. But, now she likes to take fake knifes and pretend to poke daddy in the head like she is giving him transplants.

So I asked Ella if she wanted to be a doctor since she loves to play doctor & loves the sight of blood and guts. "A(b)solutely not," she replied. When I asked further questions I learned that the reason she doesn't want to be a doctor is because she wants to be able to give people shots. I told her that doctors give shots, but nurses give more shots than doctors. "Well I am going to be a nurse," she declared. "I want to give lots of shots," she said. I should probably explain to her that nurses give shots cause they have a desire to help people heal not to merely hurt them. Geeze.

No comments: