Wednesday, May 12, 2010

My New Project

I'm once again attempting to coupon and focus more on saving money and getting our budget under control. We do a decent job now, but there is always improvements that could be made.

Seeing alot of friends save big money couponing has motivated me to think about ways I could be saving as well. Thus, my new project began...

I have started a blog called http://www.saveapaycheck.blogspot.com/. My goal was to start a blog about my savings journey that would motivate me to stay on the right track financially. For some reason, I find accountability in my new blog...even if I don't have any readers. I love to journal about new things I am learning on the road to money-saving success :)

I have started the site as a way to highlight my journey of couponing, but I hope to expand it in the future to feature alot of other great life tips on budgeting and household management.

I also got on http://www.mint.com/ last week and finally set up a working budget for our family. I played around with mint about 6 mos. ago, but I never made a serious budget on there. I have used Microsoft Money in the past, but mint.com has alot of new features that make it much easier to use. And, best of all its FREE! Plus, if you have an iPhone you can download the free mint.com app so that your budget is always with you! It really is a great service, and I highly suggest you play around with the features of the site to see if it would work for you too.

1 comment:

Deaton, party of 5 said...

Let me know how all of this works sometime. I consider myself a minimalist and very rarely have backstock unless it's something that's used quickly (like papertowels and toilet paper). I just wonder how all of this works and if it would be advantageous to me.