Wednesday, April 23, 2008

3 year old cut her own hair...yikes!

So Ella walked in the kitchen with safety scissors in her right hand and a mischievous look on her face...when she said, "Do I look pretty?" I knew there was something up. Oh yes, she did...gave herself a haircut. As I ran my fingers through her hair I pulled a huge clump right out. I could hardly yell at the kid...we play beauty shop all the time with her princess styling tools. How was she to know it is okay to use the princess scissors, but not the craft scissors. Really I blame myself. We had a very serious talk about scissors after that and I pray that this never happens again. She could tell I was still not happy though even after our talk. Sweet little thing just hates conflict...so she sat at the kitchen table and made me a picture..when I smiled and said thank you she said, "That make you happy?" And all was fair again.

No comments: