Friday, April 25, 2008

Summer could be a little miserable...

Thanks to the fact that Ella is obsessively afraid of the wind. UGH!!! Tried to go outside today and like usual she screamed and cried about all her stuff going to blow away the whole time. I tried to trick her by telling her that it was either stay out and play or go in and nap...to my surprise she screamed, "I want to go to bed!" So guess where she is now. It always sucks when my attempts to trick her into doing something by giving an undesirable alternative backfires. You know it was so nice out today and Addie loves playing outside and I want sun on these pasty legs, but instead of leisure time I have to listen to whining and complaining. It is just not normal to have to force a 3 year-old kid to go outside and stay outside. She has been like this on every attempt to go to the park or just in the yard. But, for some reason when daddy gets home she is usually willing to go out with him and ride bike..go figure. This is definitely a real fear, but I just don't know how to convince her she is not going to blow away like her balloon did last summer...that is how all this started. She even throws herself over the grocery or Target bags in the cart when we are in the parking lot. She screams and cries about how they are going to blow away until they are safely shut in the trunk. Payback for what I did to my mom as a weird child is a real you know what.

No comments: