Thursday, July 31, 2008

Seriously...No wonder I keep finding gray hairs.




Okay so let's talk about what my little mischievous Addie has been up to this week.

First...I had food coloring out for a craft I was doing for church, and I pushed it to the back of the counter cause I knew grabby hands #2 (Addie) would be all over that. Well in the mean time while my back was turned grabby hands #1 (Ella) decided she wanted to see some purple and pink food coloring...cause after all pink and purple are her very favorite colors...as I am reminded by her daily. Well Ella then put the food coloring in reach of Addie who proceeded to yank the top off the yellow food coloring and pour it all over her body and the floor. When I tried to grab it from her it made it worse cause her grip got tighter and more kept pouring out. So off to the bath we go...luckily this was on the hardwood not carpet. Well I decided to kill two birds with one stone so made Ella get in the tub with Addie. Then Ella started crying and screaming bloody murder. Well the food coloring on Addie turned the tub water pee yellow so Ella thought Addie had peed all in the water so she was frantically wanting out of there. I kept trying to tell her it wasn't pee, but she wouldn't listen. So then I had to drain all the water and start all over....problem solved.

Second...later that evening I left to go to church to get my room ready at VBS and Matt was in charge of getting Addie up from nap, ready, and to VBS. Well he hears her start whining and told Ella to go occupy her till he could get back there. Well Ella does and then comes running for Matt talking a bunch of gibberish. "Oh my goodness, Oh my Goodness." Well Matt then realizes Addie is bucknaked in her crib (she likes to take her diaper off all the time)...and there is pee everywhere..sheets, bumper are soaked. Judging from the amount of pee Matt said there was I am thinking she probably had been naked for a few hours since I just lay her down in her crib awake and she puts herself asleep. She decided she wanted to sleep in the nude I guess...hope that stage doesn't last too long. Maybe I should start duct taping the diaper.

Third...just today I was in here checking my facebook cause I am obsessed with it and Addie comes trotting in the bedroom covered in brown paint...hair sticking straight up from the paint in her hair. I run in the living room and find it in the couch, floor, and all over the kitchen wall and floor. Don't know where she found the paint, but she found it all right. Ella of course is right behind me the whole time going, "Oh gosh...Oh my goodness...Look mommy she painted your wall...Oh my goodness what are we going to do?" That is her new thing now. I must be saying Oh gosh all the time cause she loves to say that. Anywho, I got pictures of the damage today as proof for the future of all the trouble she got in as a little tike. This is cute though...Matt was asking her tonight if she had fun painting herself and she started holding up her hands acting like she was painting herself. She knew exactly what he was talking about.

1 comment:

Alicia Jane said...

Cracking me up!! So cute still even with brown paint all over her!! Loved Ella and the pee water story! HILARIOUS!!