Thursday, December 18, 2008

5th Wedding Anniversary-December 13, 2008


We celebrated 5 years together this past Saturday. We are grateful that Matt's parents were willing to watch the girls so that we could sneak away to Nashville to celebrate. It is nice to get away without the kids from time to time & enjoy just being together.
We went to our favorite bistro P.F. Changs...somewhere we could not take the girls cause they would refuse to eat!! The wonton soup & chow mein are incredible! Saturday we were able to go to the Frist Museum for an exhibit on photography. It was nice to feel cultured ;) First time I have felt intellectual in a long time...LOL! They had a neat spot for children to make their own artwork using different mediums...so of course as with anything we do without taking the girls my mind kept wandering to how much fun it would be to bring the girsl. We ate at our other favorite spot on this day too...RED ROBIN (Yes we need to take the girls back cause they love it too!) Saturday night we got tickets for the Rockettes at the Grand Ole Opry House. I have wanted to go see this show for years now, and it was definitely worth the wait! The living nativity at the end was awesome as well. I am usually not into those type of theatrical productions, but the living nativity had me tearing up. I definitely want to take the kids back next year. Ella loves dance & would get a kick out if that. It was a very nice weekend and a great way to celebrate 5 whole years together.

Here is a look down memory lane by rewinding to our wedding day. It snowed that morning & of course being the nervous bride I freaked out. I called Matt bawling my eyes out screaming, "No one is going to come. Someone is going to have a car wreck getting there...etc. etc." You know the typical bride meltdown. It had been a stressful week with finals and getting everything ready for the big day so I was entitled to one good breakdown. I am proud to report that the evening turned out just fine and no one was injured getting to and from :)
Our wedding was held at South Green St. Church of Christ in Glasgow, KY. I am thinking around 5 pm. I actually wanted the wedding to be at 4:30, but I couldn't figure out the formal way to write that out so I settled on the top of the hour cause I knew how to write that out...yeah I know...I probably could have just Googled it...but was google around then? Okay, yahooed it.
All of these pics were taken by our friend Vanessa! She takes great pics & needs to become a professional someday!

I was so proud of my simple red roses! Exactly the way I wanted them. She even added a bit of shimmer to the petals which made them pop more in pictures.
My bridesmaids & me right before the big moment. LtoR Jeanie, Dana, Amanda, Jennifer, & Jenny.
Matt and his groomsmen. John, Andy, Alex, Greg, & Jason.

I wanted my cake to look like stacked presents, and I was very happy with the way the lady at Sweetheart Bakery made my vision come to life!

Oh what a great day. I just flew by way too fast...as have the last 5 years. If someone would have told me we would have 2 kids by now I would have called them crazy.

2 comments:

MJ said...

Happy Anniversary!! You were such a beautiful bride! Love the roses & your cake...beautiful! WOW does it even seem like it was 5 yrs ago?
Travis & I have been married 6 yrs & it doesn't seem like its been that long! Time flies doesn't it?

Kari said...

Yes indeed it does! I can not believe it! Before we all know it we will be celebrating 50...good Lord willing.