Thursday, August 28, 2008

Back Track Pt 3: Churchill Downs

I keep telling myself I will get caught up eventually, but then I keep getting farther and farther behind. Oh well, I will stay optimistic that it will happen someday.
On Sat. June 14, 2008 everyone on the Kunkel side went to Churchill Downs for the day...everyone except Addie who stayed with Nanny & Pop-Pop. We knew she wouldn't survive a full day at the track, and we wouldn't see any peace trying to keep her contained in that big place. This was our Father's Day celebration for Matt's dad, and I think everyone had a really great day...I know I did. That was my first time to Churchill Down's....I know, I know, and I call myself a Kentuckian. It was a really neat experience. Glad I can say I have been at least once.

Betty, Matt (Greg & Lana hiding), & Katie waiting to see the horses come in.


Here is Ella with 'Aristides'. She wanted to ride him, but that is forbidden. So, instead of getting kicked out we opted for a pic beside him. It is beautiful!

Here is Ella with Grandpa Kunkel. Anytime we go anywhere with Grandma & Grandpa Ella is glued to them the whole time...to the point where we feel bad, because we know they probably want a break to relax. But, she does adore them and just wants to soak up every minute she has with them!!

No comments: