Thursday, August 28, 2008

Back Track Pt 4: Family Reunion in Branson, MO

July 10-13 we went to Branson for the Kunkel family reunion. It was nice to see everyone again! We didn't get to hang out and visit as much as we all would have liked, but it was still nice to know we were all in the same place at the same time. Ella was once again excited to be staying in a Ramada, or "mada" as she calls it...I wish that were all it took to make me happy in life! :) Girl loves to stay in a hotel. It must stem from all the Suite Life with Zack & Cody episodes we watch on Disney :) Here is her happy self cheesing in the hotel.


So we did quite a bit of shopping while we were there. Katie & I were able to hit a few shops at the outlet mall by ourselves after riding the ducks. And, then the next day Matt & I took the girls shopping with us. We wanted to make it fun for them so we ended up letting them ride the quarter rides that we usually run past as fast as we can on shopping trips. So they knew it was a treat to actually be able to ride them this time. Then we took them down to the Disney Store for a "mini" shopping spree. I have developed a love for the Disney store myself since having kids.


So the highlight of the trip was when we went to Ride the Duck...which can go on land and water. It takes you on a sight seeing tour first and then runs into the river for a quick 'boat' ride. It was kind of neat...if it weren't for the annoying quackers they give everyone before you start the ride. Anytime you see another Duck on the road or water you are supposed to quack the quacker....let's just say it is cute once....not 120 times!!!


Here are Ella & Grandma contributing to my migraine and having fun while doing it :) Which reminds me...have I burned those quackers yet???...LOL

Love this picture of Matt and Addie. I think they look alot alike in this pic. We were at Joe's Crab Shack down at the Landing (which is a cool outdoor shopping mall by the river...beautiful! )
After eating I snuck away for a little shopping while Matt took the girls to the little play area at the mall. The girls really liked that!

No comments: