Sunday, August 3, 2008

Busy Weekend

Okay, my biggest problem with keeping this blog is that I always forget my camera everywhere we go. Ryan's 5th B-day party was Saturday. So hard to believe that it has been 5 years since our family was graced with the only little boy in at least 4 generations maybe 5 on my mom's side. I was one of 3 girls, she was one of 2, her mom one of three, and grandma's mom one of 4 girls (I think 4). On the day Ryan was born I was student working up at WKU in Human Resources. My mom calls me frantic around lunch saying Dana was in labor (37 weeks) and at the hospital and all alone cause Doug was still in Franklin working. So I frantically rush over to the hospital thinking the baby's head was halfway out and she was going through labor alone. I get to the room and here Dana is sitting up in the bed just chillin...no baby in sight. Yeah turns out the doctor didn't quite know what she was talking about when she told Dana she was in labor at a weekly checkup. So they did the pitocin thing and he finally arrived at 10:30 that night. Yeah I felt a little silly frantically rushing out of work only to later tell co-workers that he was born at 10:30..pm.

One of Lana's baby showers was also Sat. at Cambridge Market. They aren't telling the name of their little girl due Sept 11th so someone nicknamed her JoJo...for Lana and Greg's middle names. She got lots of neat stuff!! Brought back fond memories of the excitement I too felt in the weeks prior to Ella's birth. Nothing like being pregnant with the first and all the excitement and anticipation of being a first time parent. Of course the second pregnancy is joyful and exciting too, but I think mom's can relate with the fact that it is just different the first time around. If I can swipe pics from someone I will post later! Can't wait to see the newest addition to the family!! Maybe it will give Matt baby fever being around a newborn again...wink, wink :) Doubt it though cause when we were shopping in the baby section of Target Friday night he commented that he was, "So over the baby thing...lol" He is just ready for the next stage of our life. How in the world could you be over it when you see all that cute itty bitty stuff at the store?However, I do agree that there is no way I would have a baby right now cause Addie is such a little handful I would have a nervous breakdown if I added a third to the mix at the moment.

No comments: