Monday, August 11, 2008

My Laundry Room Hates Me

Okay so I think the laundry room is starting to feel a little neglected so it is starting to act out to get my attention :) I apologized for leaving piles of clothes 3 ft. high in it, but apparently that just wasn't enough of an apology. I guess it figured even negative attention was some sort of attention so it had to resort to rude behavior.

First, several weeks ago I had a brand new 96 load bottle of Gain sitting on the front-load washer. Well for anyone who has a front load they know that the spin cycle on one is a little more violent than a top load. Apparently, the bottle of Gain was sitting a little too close to the edge and decided to fall to the floor...busting the lid and sending green Gain an inch deep all over the floor...into the hallway...up to the ceiling...yeah and all over the 3 ft pile of clothes....I had to rinse those in the tub several times before being able to rewash. Matt had to leave work early to help clean up the disaster. After renting a steam cleaner and several hours of hard work the room was back to normal.

Second, I have been noticing that all the clothes laying in front of the washer have been soaked in water lately. At first I thought maybe the door on the washer was leaking a little and after several loads it just made it look like more water than it actually was. Well then today when it kept doing it I decided I should investigate more. Turns out the hose that lets all the dirty water drain out had come loose from the wall and water was pouring down the wall behind the washer and was all under the washer and dryer. Don't buy a front-load. I know it is the aggressive spin cycle that yanked it out from the wall. I never had this happen on a top-load. This has been doing this for at least a week now, but the dirty laundry kept soaking it up so I didn't think it was as bad as it was....Now I am thinking I will have ALOT of nicely mildewed clothes that have been laying their for a week.

Moral of the story...be sure to give your laundry room the lovin it needs everyday before it resorts to this!!

No comments: