Saturday, October 18, 2008

Addie's very own ice cream cone!!

Thursday we went to Logan Aluminum after Ella's dance class, because the Spouse Health Fair was going on. Ella was so super excited to go to daddy's work. She is always asking,
"When we going to daddy work? I waited all year for that." So on the way there she just couldn't wait. She kept saying, "Thank you mommy for taking us to daddy's work today!"

I was happy that I could finally take them. Whenever Ella wakes up early on work days before Matt has left for work she has to run outside in her PJ's and wave bye to daddy until he is down the road and out of sight. He is finally getting the routine down. He has to roll down the driver & passenger window and wave to her the whole time he is leaving, or she will have a meltdown and cry for 10 minutes after he leaves. There have been many a morning she running back in the house crying, "Daddy didn't wave to me!" So I am glad he has learned for the sake of my sanity. As she is waving she screams, "Bye daddy. Have a good day at work!" over and over and I am sure she wakes up sleeping neighbors.

The girls got to chill with daddy while I went to the fair, and afterwards we went to McDonalds with Matt to grab some ice cream before we had to go home. We must have lost our minds because on this trip we decided to let Addie have a cone in the car as well as Ella. Ella has been getting one for awhile now, but we knew it would just be a matter of time before we had to breakdown & let Addie have one too...mess and all. It was just too pitiful watching her go "Uh, Uh" reaching for Ella's cone. Trying to give her some with a spoon wasn't the same in her opinion and she refused.

Here is my happy camper, and her first ice cream cone experience. She thought she was big stuff, and smiled the whole time looking at Ella like, "Hey look sissy I finally got one too!" She actually didn't get as messy as we thought she would, but we had to keep stealing the cone from her and fixing it when it would run.


And here is my old pro Ella!


No comments: