Monday, October 13, 2008

Ella is growing up too fast on me!



Ella celebrated birthday #4 on September 15th. She is my sweet, although sometimes grumpy, baby girl. She hates when I call her my baby. She prefers big girl, but she WILL always be my baby!

She started 4 year old preschool in August and man can I tell a huge difference in her personality just in the two months since she started school. She is getting so mature. She is becoming alot more friendly with other kids & seems much more interested in forming relationships with other classmates than she did last year. I notice her running up and giving hugs to other little girls when we see classmates after school or at dance class etc.
Last year when another kid would try to hug her she would push them away and say she didn't want to hug them. Not as much anymore, but don't get me wrong she is still a 4-year-old and can still be caught pushing or hitting others on occasion. Like today sweet little Bella wanted to hold her hand to go pick an apple at the orchard and she pulled her hand away from her and was like, "But, I don't want to hold your hand."...those are the moments I want to cry. But, it is promising that it is happening less and less. Last year I would be in tears over the way she would treat others, and I didn't know what to do. So seeing her growing out of it somewhat makes me feel more confident that it is just an age thing.

Ella started taking dance in August and absolutely loves it. Her friends Maria & Lindsey are in her class so that helps too I think. Once she warmed up the second week she really took off with it. I love watching her twirl & tumble with all the other little ballerinas. The teacher calls her a very 'serious' student. She says she never smiles at her, but is always very attentive and does exactly what she asks. The teacher was starting to question if Ella liked dance, but she definitely does cause she can't wait to go and she loves to show us all her new moves. The second week she was coming home showing us the proper form for tumbling...something she never did before dance started. She is just a serious type kid.



Ella is our entertainer as well. She is constantly singing and dancing and is really good at memorizing song lyrics. You can find her with a strawberry guitar around her neck quite a bit. Her favorite singer is Taylor Swift. She knows her songs & voice by heart. Her and Addie jam together quite a bit, and Addie is always her backup singer piping in with an , "AAAAAHHHH" at just the right time. She shows a ton of interest in musical instruments which I think is a great skill for anyone to learn. Not only does she like the guitar, but she likes the keyboard and piano. She likes to play Aunt Lana's when we go to their house.

Her favorite show is Jon & Kate Plus 8. She reinacts it all the time with her favorite toy...the loving family dollhouse. It is hilarious to listen in as she makes the mommy doll yell and be bossy to the daddy doll just like Kate is to Jon. Any adventure the Gosselins go on Ella's Loving Family goes on as well. Only problem we don't have 8 dolls to accurately account for their 8 kids.

Ella's favorite cartoon at the moment is Phineas & Ferb, but she also enjoys Suite Life of Zach and Cody, Hannah Montana, and Drake & Josh. And, of course there is the classic Caillou we still have to watch quite a bit.

Her favorite place to eat is Chick-filet. Loves to play in the playland with her preschool friends as well. But, McDonalds is a close second. Everytime we pull up to the drive thru she is in the backseat repeating the order...Cheeseburger happy meal, pickles only, coke to drink, and make that for a girl. She wants a McDonalds drive-thru for Christmas by the way....ain't happening.

She has her little routine down for bedtime. She loves to read a 'girl book' for bedtime, and snuggle up in her flannel princess sheets, and she must have her pink satin blankie on top of the flannel sheets with the corner of the blanket in her hand before she is comfortable. Then it is a small sippy of milk & teddy bear Ella beside her. Lights out with her turtle nightlight glowing.

If I could predict her future....judging by her personality today I would say she ends up as a girl that gets what she wants out of life...she sure knows how to be persistent enough to get what she wants now. I get bossed around quite a bit..."Mom, I said I want Caillou and then chocolate milk. Go get that for me." Okay what am I creating? Sometimes she shocks me the things that come out of her mouth...both good and bad.

No comments: