Thursday, February 4, 2010

Ella's First Day of Kindergarten-August, 4th 2009

As many of you know, Matt & I struggled with the decision of whether or not to send Ella to kindergarten this school year. This was due to the fact that she was still 4-years-old when school began in August. So, this day came with even more apprehension than is normally felt by parents on the first day of school. But, I am happy to report that we just finished our 100th day of school, and Ella is doing just beautifully! She is one smart cookie, and I can't believe how much she has matured in the past few months. We can say with 100% certainty that we made the right decision sending her on. The number of opportunities and friendships she would have missed out on are just too many to count.


I will never be able to look at the pic of Ella in front of the bushes without laughing. I can still hear her saying, "Mom, why do I have to stand in front of the bushes?"


Couldn't wait to get to school. Check out the sweet new booster too!


Yeah, she really didn't need us there. We were just for show.


Ella had to tell me to leave. Ah, and the days of embarrassing my child officially began!

No comments: